EcoQuest South Africa – Sandra
As part of our EcoQuest course, Sandra had the chance to explore South Africa's breathtaking flora and fauna from up close. In her feedback interview you can learn more about her time.
Project: EcoQuest course in South Africa
Locations: Karongwe/South Africa
Duration: End of October until beginning of November 2018 – 7 days
Support from the Natucate team:
EcoQuest in South Africa – Feedback: Seven questions for Sandra
1) Could you give us a short overview of your activities in the course?
I was a camp guest at Camp Karongwe/South Africa for 7 days to join the EcoQuest programme.
2) What was the biggest challenge for you during the course?
Getting up at 5 o'clock was something I needed to get used to.
3) Was there something you liked most? Or something you remember particularly negatively?
Elephant gathering - simply unforgettable!
4) Did you have certain expectations before travelling to the course?
My expectations to dive into the South African animal world were fully fulfilled. When up to four other jeeps from the lodges were breezing past the waterhole just to stop for a selfie while our team stayed until dark to watch the animals patiently, you know why you booked with Natucate!
5) Have you done anything in your free time that you can recommend to future participants?
After the course has ended, I recommend booking a night at "Once in Johannesburg" to take an alternative tour from there or join the hostel program. You get to know a lot of nice people and particularly locals. And then do some horseback riding!
6) What recommendations would you give to other participants?
A sleeping bag is not necessary in South African spring / summer.
7) Can you estimate how many additional costs you had on site?
Approx. 2€ per day for drinks
You are a "safari newcomer"? Then gather unique insights into Southern Africa's nature and wildlife
Witness the fascinating dynamics occurring in the flora and fauna of Kenya's famous Masai Mara
Acquire the basics of Southern Africa's nature, in theory and in practice, and become a Safari Guide
Live and learn amidst Southern Africa's wild nature for 55 days – and become a Field Guide Level 1
Become an ornithologist and get trained in observing and identifying the birds of Southern Africa
Discover the pristine nature and awe-inspiring wildlife along Zambia's Luangwa River when joining our nine-day private camping safari