Private Wilderness Experience Africa – Matthias
Matthias experienced an unforgettable Natucate Private Wilderness Experience in the wilderness of South Africa and Botswana. Here you can learn more about his time in Africa.
Project: Private Wilderness Experience 2018 in Botswana und South Africa
Locations: Mashatu/Botswana and Makuleke/South Africa
Duration: End of August until beginning of September – 12 days
Support from the Natucate team:
Private Wilderness Experience in Africa – Feedback: Seven questions for Matthias
1) Could you give us a short overview of your activities in the programme?
I’d describe myself as something between a guest and a guide.
2) What were your biggest challenges during the programme?
I haven’t dealt with any challenges – everything was great.
3) Was there anything that you liked most? Or anything that left you with a negative impression?
Observing the group becoming more familiar with the bush each day and their growing joy.
4) Did you have certain expectations before you started the programme?
This Private Wilderness Experience was actually my first “group tour”. It was fantastic – thanks to the group set up. Plus: the team at NATUCATE did a great job in planning the trip!
5) Did you do anything during your free time that you can recommend to other participants?
What I recommend to everybody: a hammock. A tear-resistant hammock.
6) Which recommendations would you give to other participants?
Less is more. You don’t need too much stuff. An important thing, though: Birding Basics.
7) Can you guess how many additional expenses you had?
I spent around 20 Euro per week.
Enjoy a luxurious camping safari in Zambia and experience nature and wildlife of fascinating Luambe, South Luangwa and Lower Zambezi National Park
Discover the pristine nature and awe-inspiring wildlife along Zambia's Luangwa River when joining our nine-day private camping safari
Take part in our nine-day private safari in Zambia and let Kafue National Park's breathtaking wildlife and magnificent scenery enchant you
Go on a Private Wilderness Experience in Botswana and immerse yourself into the Okavango Delta's breathtaking wilderness
As part of this four-day safari trip you roam Botswana's fascinating Okavango Delta on foot and in the mokoro and, in this way, get especially close to this extraordinary place
Learn how to safely conduct walking safaris and become a FGASA-certified Trails Guide in South Africa