Volunteering Spain Valencia – Fernanda
Preserving unique natural areas in Spain: In her feedback interview you can learn more about Fernanda's volunteer experience in Valencia.
Project: Volunteering in Spain – Protecting pristine natural areas
Location: Valencia / Spain
Duration: End of May until Mid-June 2018 – 2 weeks
Support from NATUCATE-Team:
Volunteering in Spain – Feedback: Five questions for Fernanda
1) Could you give us a short overview of your tasks in the project?
The tasks I was involved in mainly was removing invasive vegetation and collecting data of some plants. However, the best was learning about bird ringing.
2) Was there anything that you liked most? Or anything that left you with a negative impression?
I think the staff members in the natural park in which we unfolded our work were really friendly and nice.
3) Did you have certain expectations before you started the project? If yes, did the project meet your expectations, disappoint or maybe even exceed them?
It was a fun and interactive experience which I do not regret. The only disappointment was that I stayed only for two weeks and sometimes it felt like I didn’t work that much as there was not much stuff to do. Therefore, I do not really recommend a short project stay for an environmental science student who is looking for field experience – as this is what I was actually looking for.
4) Did you do anything during your free time that you can recommend to following participants?
Yes, I am glad that I participated in the activities of the Spanish language school; it was helpful in meeting more people.
5) Which tips would you give to other participants who would like to do this project?
My recommendation for every future volunteer: Stay more than two weeks because environmental work is not available every day.
Experience Spain's natural beauty as a conservation volunteer in the scenic Valencia region
Join our volunteer project in Costa Rica and contribute to the survival of endangered sea turtles
Go to Spain as a volunteer and help protect and conserve pristine natural areas in beautiful Denia