Volunteering Seychelles North Island – Katrin
Katrin travelled to magnificent North Island to actively support our conservation project. In her feedback interview you can learn more about her time as a volunteer in the Seychelles.
Project: Species conservation on North Island/Seychelles
Locations: North Island/Seychelles
Duration: Mid-October until mid-November 2018 – 4 weeks
Support from the Natucate team:
Volunteering in the Seychelles – Feedback: Eight questions for Katrin
1) Could you give us a short overview about your tasks during the project?
Everyday we patrolled the island’s beautiful beaches, went to the tree nursery, went snorkeling, did our data entry and collected data from the magnificent Aldabra Giant Tortoise.
2) What was your biggest challenge during the project?
The hot and humid climate was a tough challenge to deal with.
3) Was there anything you liked most? Or anything that left you with a negative impression?
Walking through this magical landscape everyday was something really special for me. Another imposing experience for me was to walk barefoot most of the time. Enjoying my time was also easy because of our great team spirit, thanks to the other participants of the project.
4) Did you have certain expectations before you started the project?
I really looked forward to spending a lot of time in nature. And I absolutely did so. The beauty of North Island is indescribable and exceeded all my expectations.
5) Did you do anything during your free time that you can recommend to following participants?
It was awesome to ride my bicycle through the rain across the whole Island
6) Which tips/recommendations would you give to other participants?
It is very useful to take a pocket knife as well as some tupperware containers with you, so you can take your food for sundowner and have dinner at one of the beautiful beaches of North Island.
7) Can you guess how many additional expenses you had?
About 50 Euros.
8) Here is some space for further suggestions or stories:
It was an amazing project. I highly recommend it!
Help preserve the Seychelles' pristine marine life and island flora as a volunteer on North Island
Travel to the Seychelles and become active in nature and species conservation on Cousin Island
Join our volunteer project in Costa Rica and contribute to the survival of endangered sea turtles
Make a contribution to species conservation and help protect vulnerable whale sharks in the Maldives
Travel to Africa and become active in protecting endangered desert elephant in Namibia's Damaraland
As a conservation volunteer in South Africa you help protect the country's unique flora and wildlife