Volunteering Seychelles North Island – Ina
Ina spent four weeks in the Seychelles to volunteer in our species conservation project on North Island. In our feedback questionnaire she shares her experience with us.
Project: Species conservation on North Island/Seychelles
Locations: North Island/Seychelles
Duration: Mid-October until mid-November
Support from the Natucate team:
Volunteering in the Seychelles – Feedback: Eight questions for Ina
1) Could you give us a short overview of your activities in the project?
We primarily did nature conservation work, cared for the beach sections, watched the turtles at land as well as the eggs of the sea turtles. Another great part of the project was the work in a plant nursery. What I found especially interesting was snorkeling and evaluating the data.
2) What were your biggest challenges during the project?
I can’t really tell. I was able to manage everything really well.
3) Was there anything that you liked most? Or anything that left you with a negative impression?
Everything was great. It was a time that gave a lot to me personally because you concentrate on other things than your daily life at home.
4) Did you have certain expectations before you started the project?
I didn’t have certain expectations, since I rather wanted get surprised. The project information I received from Natucate were all accurate. I am really delighted by this project.
5) Did you do anything during your free time that you can recommend to other participants?
I can recommend to take the hiking paths on the granite rocks as well as to participate in the hikes to the fauna with the contact persons on site.
6) Which tips would you give to other participants who would like to do this project?
Don’t take too much personal clothing. You wear working clothes during the project so you don’t really need a lot of personal clothes.
7) Can you guess how many additional expenses you had?
I’d say that you might calculate about 50-60€ for four weeks for additional snacks or drinks like Sprite or Cola or a beer in the evening.
8) Here is some space for further questions or stories:
I’d happily recommend this project.
Make a contribution to species conservation and help protect vulnerable whale sharks in the Maldives