Volunteering USA California – Jonas
Nature conservation USA: Volunteer Jonas helped preserve California's awe-inspiring natural areas. His feedback reveals more about his American adventure.
Project: Nature conservation in the USA
Locations: Sinkyone; John Muir National Monument in California/USA
Duration: End of June until end of August 2019 – 8 weeks
Support from the Natucate-Team:
Volunteering in California – Feedback: Five questions for Jonas
1) Could you give us a short overview of your tasks in the project?
Sinkyone: Smaller work such as ground works, setting in signs in concrete, removing fallen trees
Muir Woods National Monument: Operating the grip hoist
2) Was there anything you liked in particular? Or something you remember particularly negatively?
Working with the grip hoist at the Muir Woods National Monument was a lot of fun with one of the Calstate partners (Chewie). Towards the end we were able/allowed to perform smaller operations on our own. By working with Chewie, we knew exactly what to do and what dangers to watch out for.
3) Did you have certain expectations before you travelled to the project?
Living together during the projects was great fun.
4) Have you done anything in your free time that you can recommend to future participants?
I visited Yosemite National Park – highly recommended!
5) Can you estimate how many additional costs you had on site?
I spent about 600 USD additionally on site.
Join the team of an animal shelter in the US, dedicated to ending the exploitation of farmed animals
Become a volunteer in the USA and play an active role in conserving the Golden Coast's unique nature
Take part in a unique nature guide training and experience superb moments amidst Bhutan's wilderness