Project: Species Conservation in the Seychelles
Location: North Island/Seychelles
Duration: Early November until early December 2017 – 4 weeks
Support from NATUCATE: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Arrival: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Project Partner: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Accommodation: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
1) Could you give us a short overview of your activities/tasks in the project?
The tasks were very diversified, the summary version:
2) What were your biggest challenges during the project?
It actually all went very well.
3) Was there anything that you liked most? Or anything that left you with a negative impression?
I especially liked the evenings at the west beach, in particular when there was a breathtaking starry sky one evening. It was also great to see the hawksbill turtles come to the beach to lay their eggs.
4) Did you have certain expectations before you started the project? If yes, did the project meet your expectations, disappoint or maybe even exceed them?
In general, I didn’t have any particular expectations.
5) Did you do anything during your free time that you can recommend to other participants?
I would definitely recommend to spend the evening at the west beach during the sunset, to enjoy the activities offered by the Diving Center (Standup paddleboards, kayaks), and to take as many pictures as possible.
6) Which tips/recommendations would you give to other participants who would like to do this project? (e.g. tips that would have helped you before your journey)
Tip (I was also told this tip beforehand): Don’t take too many clothes, but definitely take some of your own pants since the work clothes that are offered on site might not fit.
7) Can you guess how many additional expenses you had? – We can give this information to future participants.
This depends on whether you want to buy sweets, drinks, etc. on site – if not, I’d say on average about 40-60€ for four weeks (souvenirs and hotel stays not included).
8) Here is some space for further questions/suggestions/ideas/reports or stories:
This journey belongs to one of the best experiences of my life. If you have the opportunity, you should participate in the project.