Internships Who should consider an overseas internship?

Your Conservation Experience overseas

Who can go on an overseas internship?

Students, graduates and people in work

Some of the internships we offer require you to be a registered student in a field with a suitable focus at a university or a similar institution.

Some projects will also take on people (usually as a trainee) who have already finished their studies. However, graduates must be able to demonstrate that they have experience working in the relevant field. Projects will frequently accept relevant training combined with multiple years of job experience as an alternative to having graduated. Some programs also allowed to take part if you are working in a scientific field at a university or a similar institution.

What qualification Do I need?

Internship Abroad

Personal requirements

People who go on our overseas internships must be enthusiastic about nature and interested in working in a new area. We also require you to be independent, open to foreign cultures and capable of working on your own initiative. You should also embrace new situations and new experiences. You will also need to be tolerant and adaptable, as you will be spending a significant amount of time with people who may, at least initially, seem quite different to you.

It is also important for you to have a good level of English (and another language if possible) so that you can understand the instructions and guidance of your manager during your internship.

A basic level of physical fitness is enough for most internships. However, you will need a medical report providing details of your physical condition before you can go on internships which are particularly physically challenging.


Formal requirements

  • at least 18 or 21 years old, depending on the internship/country you are going to

  • diplomas/enrolment certificates, references from your employer, application, CV and cover letter, depending on the internship

  • Vaccinations and visa, depending on the country you are going to

  • Proof that you have sufficient means to support yourself financially during your stay abroad, depending on the country you are going to

  • USA: police certificates and driver’s licence

  • a valid passport and appropriate overseas health insurance

  • Proof that you will be returning to your home country after your stay

Got questions? — We'll call you back