Field Guide Level 1 South Africa – Mel
Field Guide Level 1 in South Africa: Learn more about Mel's magnificent time as a wilderness student in our fascinating Field Guide Level 1 course.
Field Guide Level 1 – Feedback: Seven questions for Mel
1) What were your biggest challenges during the course?
The biggest challenge for me was the language. But you get used to it :)
2) Was there anything that you liked most? Or anything that left you with a negative impression?
An extremely positive memory is to be and sleep in nature for eight weeks, to sit around the campfire in the evenings, and to get really close to the animals… Last but not least, it was great to learn about the importance and the interconnectedness of the smallest things in the bush.
3) Did you have certain expectations before you started the course?
No, I started my adventure without any expectations.
4) Did you do anything during your free time that you can recommend to other participants?
Definitely: Learning :) But don’t exaggerate! It’s important to enjoy time with the other participants and in the bush.
5) Which tips/recommendations would you give to future participants who would like to do this course?
Seek advice. During the preliminary talks with Natucate, you get all the information you need.
6) Can you guess how many additional expenses you had?
That’s difficult to say… maybe 250€? But I’m not 100% sure.
7) Here is some space for further questions or stories:
Thank you for everything! It was a great time! Once I’ve saved enough money, I’ll get in touch with you again for another adventure ;)
Acquire the basics of Southern Africa's nature, in theory and in practice, and become a Safari Guide
Spend an unparalleled year amidst Africa's wild nature and get trained as a Professional Field Guide