Project: Species Conservation in the Seychelles
Location: North Island/Seychelles
Duration: Mid-February until Mid-March 2018 – 4 weeks
Support from NATUCATE: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Arrival: ★ ★ ★ ★ ✫
Project Partner: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Accommodation: ★ ★ ★ ✫ ☆
1) Could you give us a short overview of your activities/tasks in the project?
I had various tasks. I’ll give you a short overview of my schedule which we were allowed to divide individually:
2) What were your biggest challenges during the project?
There were actually no challenges, maybe the daily portion of rice which I disliked.
3) Was there anything that you liked most? Or anything that left you with a negative impression?
4) Did you have certain expectations before you started the project? If yes, did the project meet your expectations, disappoint or maybe even exceed them?
My expectations have been exceeded for sure!
5) Did you do anything during your free time that you can recommend to other participants?
We spent a weekend in Mahé. It doesn’t really pay off visiting the capital Victoria but I don’t regret the trip because I had no other opportunity to see something else than North Island.
6) Which tips/recommendations would you give to other participants who would like to do this project? (e.g. tips that would have helped you before your journey)
If you follow a vegetarian diet it is very useful to bring something like nuts because the food in bistro contains a lot of meat.
7) Can you guess how many additional expenses you had? – We can give this information to future participants.
I spent about 30€ for drinks, candy etc. at the staff shop on site.