Course: Field Guide Level 1
Location: Karongwe and Selati/South Africa
Duration: June/July 2017 – 8 weeks
Support from NATUCATE: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Arrival: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Project partner: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Accommodation: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
1) What were your biggest challenges during the course?
The biggest challenge for me was the language. But you get used to it :)
2) Was there anything that you liked most? Or anything that left you with a negative impression?
An extremely positive memory is to be and sleep in nature for eight weeks, to sit around the campfire in the evenings, and to get really close to the animals… Last but not least, it was great to learn about the importance and the interconnectedness of the smallest things in the bush.
3) Did you have certain expectations before you started the course? If yes, did the project meet your expectations, disappoint or maybe even exceed them?
No, I started my adventure without any expectations.
4) Did you do anything during your free time that you can recommend to other participants?
Definitely: Learning :) But don’t exaggerate! It’s important to enjoy time with the other participants and in the bush.
5) Which tips/recommendations would you give to future participants who would like to do this course? (e.g. tips that would have helped you before your journey)
Seek advice. During the preliminary talks with Natucate, you get all the information you need.
6) Can you guess how many additional expenses you had? – We can give this information to following participants
That’s difficult to say… maybe 250€? But I’m not 100% sure.
7) Here is some space for further questions/suggestions/ideas/reports or stories:
Thank you for everything! It was a great time! Once I’ve saved enough money, I’ll get in touch with you again for another adventure ;)