Project: Species Conservation in the Seychelles
Location: North Island/Seychelles
Duration: Mid-September until Mid-October 2017 – 4 weeks
Support from NATUCATE: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Arrival: ★ ★ ★ ★ ✫
Project Partner: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Accommodation: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
1) Could you give us a short overview of your activities/tasks in the project?
We primarily did nature conservation work, cared for the beach sections, watched the turtles at land as well as the eggs of the sea turtles. Another great part of the project was the work in a plant nursery. What I found especially interesting was snorkeling and evaluating the data.
2) What were your biggest challenges during the project?
I can’t really tell. I was able to manage everything really well.
3) Was there anything that you liked most? Or anything that left you with a negative impression?
Everything was great. It was a time that gave a lot to me personally because you concentrate on other things than your daily life at home.
4) Did you have certain expectations before you started the project? If yes, did the project meet your expectations, disappoint or maybe even exceed them?
I didn’t have certain expectations, since I rather wanted get surprised. The project information I received from Natucate were all accurate. I am really delighted by this project.
5) 5) Did you do anything during your free time that you can recommend to other participants?
I can recommend to take the hiking paths on the granite rocks as well as to participate in the hikes to the fauna with the contact persons on site.
6) Which tips/recommendations would you give to other participants who would like to do this project? (e.g. tips that would have helped you before your journey)
Don’t take too much personal clothing. You wear working clothes during the project so you don’t really need a lot of personal clothes.
7) Can you guess how many additional expenses you had? – We can give this information to future participants.
I’d say that you might calculate about 50-60€ for four weeks for additional snacks or drinks like Sprite or Cola or a beer in the evening.
8) Here is some space for further questions/suggestions/ideas/reports or stories:
I’d happily recommend this project.